Look Sensational with Spray Tanning Tips
Who doesn’t wish for a gorgeous bronzed look? Men and women have been sunbathing for hours to get the right tan. But some studies and research have revealed that over-exposure to sunlight could prove to be really detrimental to one’s health. The harmful ultra-violet rays of the sun could cause skin cancer, sunburns and several serious eye issues such as photo-conjunctivitis, photo-keratitis and cataracts. So today everyone has become quite conscious and more and more people are opting for spray tanning to achieve a stunning sun-kissed look.
Spray Tan: A Safer & Better Alternative
Be ready to make heads turn on the beach. Now you can look glamorous instantaneously by using spray tan. It is basically a self-tanning procedure, which needs absolutely no exposure to sunlight. Get your desired bronzed look by a generous sprinkle of fine mist on your body.
The chief constituent of the spray mist is known to be Dihydroxyacetone. DHA, which interacts effectively with the skin’s chemistry to give a striking bronzed look. Several models, film personalities and celebrities are all using spray tanning as it not only gives amazing results but is truly convenient. The effect lasts for just a few days, though.
Getting Ready for a Spray Tan Session
- Avoid shaving 24 hours before the tanning session.
- It is a good idea to take a shower and exfoliate. Get rid of dead skin cells with a body scrub to get best results.
- For dry skin, it is better to moisturize with a body lotion, couple of hours before the session.
- Consider applying petroleum jelly to nail beds and cuticles to avoid excess colour build-up there.
- Wear nail polish to protect your nails.
- Moisturizing your palms would help to act as a protective barrier so that you achieve a nice natural-looking tan. You should, however, concentrate on blending the edges well to get a natural-looking fade line.
- Remove all traces of make-up before the tanning session.
- Do not wear deodorant or perfume as these could result in flaking and blotching.
Things to Do While the Tanning Is on
- It is best to wear some protective eyewear.
- Use lip balm for protecting your lips and try to keep your mouth completely closed.
- Remember to wear proper undergarments for protecting sensitive areas.
- It is better to use nose plugs and avoid inhaling the spray.
Post Tanning Tips for Absolutely Stunning Results
- It is best not to wear underwire bras and make it a point to wear loose dark-coloured clothes after the tanning is done.
- Consider wearing flip-flops.
- It is a good idea to avoid sweating. Do not work out before your first shower.
- Take care not to wet your skin just after the session. Stay away from rain, giving your children a bath or even washing dishes.
- Do not take a shower until 4 to 6 hours have elapsed post the tanning session. Do not use a towel, sponge or a loofah, while taking a shower. Apply shower gel evenly only with your hands.
- Once you have taken your first shower, you must go on moisturizing your newly tanned skin at least twice or thrice daily. Hydrating the skin would help maintain a radiant tan.